I wrote down everything I read and began writing my own first novel...

This blog aimed to contrast what I was reading in in 1975-79 with the same month, week and day, 30 years later in 2005-2009. I'm leaving the blog up in archive mode, blogging in real time on Live Journal--and still writing novels.

Lynne Murray's Live Journal and Bride of the Dead Blog

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

First there is a sofa, then there is no sofa, then there is...

May 1 to May 9, 1976

Goodey's Last Stand, Charles Alverson
My note was: female characters naively done. Looking it up it seems he was trying to do something in the manner of Raymond Chandler in the 1970s, 'nuff said.

On the Track of Murder, Barbara Gelb

The Running of the Beasts, Bill Pronzini and Barry Maltzberg


May 1 to May 9, 2006

Recently, I've been straying into other people's spaces, and guest blogging over at Laurie Edison and Debbie Notkin's Body Impolitic at .

Between the technicalities of unfamiliar blog space, editing one of my own manuscripts, and orchestrating the departure of a huge sofa that had become primarily a cat perch, I haven't read anything new in the past week. However, my cats have now forgiven me, and I found a copy of Tricky Business by Dave Barry. It turns out I had read that book before (and possibly even reported on it here). But any book where even the acknowledgements can make me laugh out loud on the second reading was too good to put down. So I read the whole thing again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lynne's link to Body Impolitic must have disappeared into the ether -- in case anyone else is interested, I Googled and found it here:
Body Impolitic

Lynne Murray said...

Thank you, Sue!
Lynne