I wrote down everything I read and began writing my own first novel...

This blog aimed to contrast what I was reading in in 1975-79 with the same month, week and day, 30 years later in 2005-2009. I'm leaving the blog up in archive mode, blogging in real time on Live Journal--and still writing novels.

Lynne Murray's Live Journal and Bride of the Dead Blog

Thursday, December 27, 2007

No new books, but a magazine with attitude

I had to make a new blog entry to take down the link to my cat essays. It seems my cats are quite content to have me support them and have no interest in seeking gainful employment. I may still write about them but not at that link which has thawed, and resolved into a dew...

I will share a very inspiring link for Fat Girl Magazine, which features some young voices with refreshing attitude. Information courtesy of Lara Frater at Fat Chicks Rule who is no slouch in the attitude department either.

If I don't post another entry before that--Happy New Year!

Lynne

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your books.... I had read somewhere that you were working on "A King-Sized Coffin"... and wondered when it will be coming out.

Thank you... Danna
Cozy-Mystery.com

Lynne Murray said...

Thanks, Danna! The short answer is that the publisher canned the series and a fifth Josephine Fuller book is not scheduled anywhere at the moment. The long version--after the publisher rejected it, my agent asked if I could turn A King-Sized Coffin into a romantic comic novel. That didn't work. But I was inspired to write A Guide for the Dysfunctional Bride and a vampire comedy-romance entitled Falstaff, Vampire. These are still looking for publishers, and now I'm writing a novel with ghosts. Watch this space for news, and bless you for asking!

Unknown said...

Tell me it ain't so!!!

I am so sorry to hear about this... I absolutely could not wait to get my copy of A King-Sized Coffin! (What is it with these publishers?)

Thank you for responding so quickly... I hope to see a book of yours in the "new books" section soon! Danna

Unknown said...

I blogged about how sad I am that your fifth Josephine Fuller book is not coming out.... Long story to short version: One of my site's readers told me about>>> http://www.danielpublishing.com/perseverance/perseverance.html
She thought I could pass this information along, since they have picked up other mystery authors mid-series.

Lynne Murray said...

Hi Danna, thank you so much for the info on Perseverence Press, but after wrestling with the ms. of A King-Sized Coffin for awhile after it was turned down I decided to put it on my shelf with a couple of my other manuscripts that may not be resurrected. The books that I'm writing now are in a darker vein. On a cozier note, I can see from your web site that you are a cozy fan, and I hope you don't mind if I ask my friend, Jaki Girdner, to write to you about all the 12 Kate Jasper cozy mysteries being reissued sometime in the next two months. appreciatively! Lynne

Unknown said...

Thanks, again, for the quick response...

I'm sorry to see you are retiring Josephine, but will be watching for your new books.

I have Jacqueline Girdner's Kate Jaspar books on the site, so would be delighted to know about their reissue dates.

Danna